Tuesday, August 7, 2012

pizza for breakfast


If you don't like pizza, you can probably just stop reading this right now and check back for my next post. Because I love pizza (and its cousin-- pizza rolls). I've been spoiled living in Chicago, where pizza is a second religion. After the move (only 22 days?!?!) Michael's Pizzeria down the street, where cheap pizza and cheap pitchers of beer are considered a great date night for us, will be sorely missed.  I am skeptical about pizza in California. Do they even have pizzerias? My pizza consumption may be limited to the ones I make myself. Any information you might have on this pressing matter is appreciated.

I appreciate both "pizza for breakfast" and "breakfast pizza" but posting about the former would make this blog less legit (it's very legit right now). So I will share this recipe for "breakfast pizza" that will allow you to justify to your parents, roommate, whoever, that it is completely acceptable to eat pizza before 10am.



Breakfast Pizza
makes 2 personal sized pizzas

1 tube of store bought biscuits (mine had 6 biscuits in the tube)
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp pizza sauce
1/4 cup cooked spinach
2 eggs
approx. 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
crumbled cooked bacon (I cheated & used bacon bits, because I had some leftover), for sprinkling

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Scramble the eggs and set aside. Use three of the biscuits, and press to form a large circle. Transfer to a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 6-7 minutes.  Remove sheet from the oven, and spread toppings on crust. The order I used was: cream cheese, pizza sauce, spinach, eggs, sprinkle of mozzarella. *Remember that this recipe makes two pizzas (using 3 biscuits per pizza crust), so ingredients will be divided in two. * Bake for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is beginning to turn golden brown. Top with a sprinkle of bacon and dust with parmesan.

For the record, I have nothing against cold leftover pizza in the morning, if that's your thing. Sometimes it's mine.

1 comment:

  1. California pizza kitchen! :) it's really good!

    ReplyDelete