Monday, August 20, 2012

my roots have grown but I don't know where they are


That's right, *two* posts in a row with song lyrics as the title. So what? I've been busy. Moving is stressful, y'all! Some bumps in the road have made it more trying than I'd hoped. But we (along with the wonderful support of our families) have righted the wagon and are counting the days. Only 9 until we leave!

Which reminds me, I need to keep packing. Now that some of the bigger things are taken care of, the little last-minute details keep coming, but I just chip away at them as best as I can.

By the way, I miss you guys! I promise this blog will be a little more happenin' (is that still a thing? No? It's not 1998 any more?) after September 4. Besides, I'll have to take a ton of pictures of my new place, adventures around town, little home decor projects I have lined up, and maybe definitely a special feature about the road trip.

Are you looking for any design inspiration for your new space? Want to revamp your current space? May I suggest these very cost effective projects: an awesome coat rack to bring the outdoors into your city apartment, make some simple cork coasters to save your tabletops, or a starry sky mobile (I love mobiles--I made one using origami birds and would love to add another!).

I hope you had a great weekend--cherish these last few weeks of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment