Monday, July 9, 2012

mango power smoothie


I love using my little Magic Bullet blender to make single-serving smoothies! And since my work schedule leaves me with a weird amount of time between lunch and dinner, having a smoothie that will fill me up but won't make me full (get the difference?) is pretty handy. I've been experimenting with adding kale to give my smoothies a nutritional boost, and this one I whipped up today was too delicious not to share. I prefer my smoothies on the thick, creamy side as opposed to an icier smoothie (I don't like using frozen fruit or ice cubes), so using frozen bananas (ok, I'm going back on what I said two seconds ago. Bananas are acceptable.) is a great way to get a creaminess without any dairy--did I mention this is vegan-friendly?

(Vegan) Mango Power Smoothie (makes 1 serving)
1 ripe mango, diced
1 banana, sliced then frozen
1/4 cup oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cup loosely packed kale
1 Tbsp water

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend. Depending on the type of blender you have, you may need to experiment with the order you layer the ingredients--with the Magic Bullet, it works best for me to have the kale closest to the blade so it gets well-chopped and I'm not drinking big pieces of kale.


I love adding in all sorts of different ingredients and seeing what color the smoothie turns out to be--anyone else find this exciting? It's really cool, you guys.

This entire smoothie was gone before I even finished writing this post. Count that as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment