Friday, June 29, 2012

minor obsessions : namesake

We've come to another languid summer weekend again. Most likely, the weekend feeling will stretch well into the upcoming week since the 4th of July falls on a Wednesday. Anyone have any fun plans? I just found out my brother will be visiting me in Chicago on the 4th and am beyond excited. I'm very fortunate to have two kick-ass siblings.

Now let's talk about lions.

I love them. Their name is in my blog name. They might be my favorite animal (I am an animal lover and have many favorites, but lions are up at the top). I'm a big cat admirer in general and once took an entire disposable camera full of pictures of the same big cat at a zoo from 100 different angles. I follow a non-profit organization called Panthera that works towards wild cat conservation and runs an amazing project called Lion Guardians. Lions are brave and majestic and the males have great hair. What's not to love?


Now that's what I'm talkin' about.


I don't think I have to explain why I'd want this slouchy lion tunic.


Dane gave me this lion Spirithood for my birthday one year and I love it...way too hot to wear right now, but in the winter it definitely gets a few rotations.


This sign in the window of a pet groomer's nearby is just too funny. That kitty looks shocked and angry about his new 'do.


Maybe I've been in the city too long and am itching to see a night sky full of stars, but I've been loving all things galactic lately. This Leo constellation necklace is just lovely (although I'd have to get one for Scorpio).

Grrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment