Monday, May 28, 2012

beach baby, beach baby

tote: Border's; cap: touristy souvenir from Freo Market, AUS; shirt: Dane's castaway; swimsuit: Victoria's Secret
I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine has been nothing short of wonderful--a weekend full of pizza dates, brunch adventures, grilling on our little porch, and transplanting my growing tomato sprouts. But what is a 3 day Memorial Day weekend without a little trip to the beach? Here's a glimpse of a few things I'll be toting over to Lake Michigan today--the coverup is actually one of Dane's old shirts that I spotted in a bag he was donating to the thrift shop! I sneaked it out for myself since it's light & airy & perfectly slouchy. This year I'm adamant about avoiding sun damage (notice the hat, glasses, coverup, sunblock)--a sure sign of my developing wisdom :)

 You may notice the lack of iPod...I don't think I've listened to my iPod in about a year! I used to listen to it on my runs, but during my long training last summer I developed an appreciation for getting through a tough workout without music. I used to be a competitive swimmer, & so always trained without music blaring or pumping me up. So even when I go to the beach, I prefer to listen to the sounds of the water and the people than shutting myself off with an iPod. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way...so may I suggest the perfect song to add to your beach playlist?


I have been singing this to myself all weekend--it's sure to be one of my favorites for the summer!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment