Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a sprout!

I love mother earth! I used to help my mom in the garden all the time! I can grow my own food and become self-sustaining! These seeds are only $1.20!

Some of the thoughts that ran through my head a few months ago when I decided that I was going to try growing tomatoes this summer. I bought seeds and soil, saved cartons for planters, and read a few online articles about growing tomatoes in your apartment.



10 days ago I planted the seeds in an egg carton. And waited. And watered them. And waited. And watered them. Aaaannnnddd waited (ok, so it was only 10 days, but the package told me 6-8!). I faithfully moved them from sunny window to sunny window, and today...


...there's a sprout!


Sometimes celebrating a little accomplishment can really boost your day.

1 comment:

  1. It's adorable! Just the inspiration I need to go to the Home Depot and build my own little window box.

    ReplyDelete