Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Inspired by: Moonrise Kingdom

It's no secret that I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan (college friends may remember my Margot Tenenbaum Halloween costume) and am beyond excited for Moonrise Kingdom to open. It seems to be right in Anderson's sweet spot--colorful & playful costumes, whimsical & lovely sets, witty & sentimental plotlines, and of course, a dream cast including Bill Murray, Bob Balaban, Jason Schwartzman, and Tilda Swinton (!!!). By the way--have you seen Bill Murray's tour of Moonrise Kingdom? Because you need to see it.
Wes Anderson's composition is right up my alley. I know he isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I tend to choose this more stylized & theatrical kind of filmmaking over a purer realism. Movies are supposed to be magical, right? Good for him that he enjoys being silly--so many artists take themselves & their work much too seriously, if you ask me. And by virtue of visiting this blog, you have.

Also I might spend the next few months dressing like I'm at summer camp in the 60's. Or dressing like a bird, I haven't decided yet.
Sigh... I'd love to take our record player on a picnic but a) it has to be plugged in, and b) I'd be worried about getting dirt/sand/grime in it. These problems never arise in the movies.
What's your favorite Wes Anderson movie? Mine might be The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou... I mean, Willem Defoe, so...yeah. And those cute sea animals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment